A reader noted that we had left the source off for this recipe. It is from Laurant Tourondel and we want to make sure this recipe is recognized as his superb creation.
- 4 cups shiitake mushrooms (1 lb.), stemmed and sliced
- 3 tbs plus ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs shallots, chopped
- 1 tbs garlic, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken, fish or vegetable stock
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tbs roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 skinless Arctic char fillet, 7 ounces each
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until softened. Add the shallots and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms are golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add the wine, bring to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock and reduce to 1/3 cup liquid. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Grate the ginger into a kitchen towel and squeeze the towel to extract the juice into a small bowl. You will need 3 tablespoons juice. Add the soy sauce to the bowl. Whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of the olive oil until blended. Stir in the tarragon and cilantro. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Sear the fish in batches until warm and opaque in the center, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Spoon the vinaigrette and mushrooms onto the plate and top with the fish.
Source: BLT by Laurant Tourondel